Monday, March 16, 2015






I'm putting up a couple of rough sequences from my the video that I've been working on. The first sequence is the introduction and sets the scene. The second sequence is one of seven that form an irreverent reconstruction of the creation narrative in Genesis.The concept behind the work is that the reconstruction of Genesis represents the institution of the church and its belief system, within which are hidden events that the church have covered up or had an effect on eg. child abuse, pregnancy. The reconstruction can be seen as a critique of the Catholic Church , the irreverancy of the constructions work as a parody. The flashes of archive imagery rupture the representation of the church and are then removed – signifying  the church’s attempts to subdue them. 

EDIT: Could only put up one sequence due to uploading issues with blogger and my internet speed. I'll try the other one later.


No comments:

Post a Comment